About the Department
The goal of the Biochemistry Graduate Program is to prepare students for careers in science as both researchers and educators. The department will accomplish this by expanding their knowledge and cultivating their ability for critical analysis, creativity and independent study. The department was established in the year 1993 offering BBM combination, later BMBt combination has been offered in the year 2005.
In 2017, we have upgraded the syllabus from the semester system to Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) pattern. The Department has spacious and well equipped laboratory with experienced and dedicated faculty members. In addition, the department is also engaging B.Voc and M.Voc courses as one of the General component subjects.
The department is regularly hosting special lecture program series to enlighten the future aspirants of science by reputed scientists from pioneer institutes. The students are taken to special visits to reputed industries and institutes to expose them to the latest developments in the area.
Programme Offered :
- B.Sc in BBM and BMBt
- To provide a strong foundation in biochemistry to the students.
- To develop student’s appreciation of the role of biochemistry and scientific research in modern life.
- To prepare students for a sucessful career or future studies in biochemistry and life science field.
Program outcomes for the students who completed a B.Sc degree with Biochemistry as one of the optional subject include the following:
- Graduate Program will prepare students for careers in science as both researchers and educators by expanding their knowledge and cultivating their ability for critical analysis, creativity and independent study.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamental biochemical principles, structure and biological function of bio-molecules, metabolic pathways and their regulation.
- Students will gain proficiency in basic laboratory techniques in both chemistry and biology, and be able to apply the scientific method to the processes of experimentation and hypothesis testing.
- Graduates can work as a laboratory technician, biochemists or medical scientist.
- Graduates can further continue their higher education, such as a masters or PhD in the field of biochemistry.
The present scheme and syllabus are under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
Department has a well-equipped laboratory with a state of art infrastructure to meet the needs of students as per the prescribed syllabus.
- Well equipped laboratory: 01
- Preparation Room:01
- Store Room: 01
|Sl. No||Name of the Company/Organization/Department||No. of Candidtes Placed|
|2||Cipla Pharmaceuticals, Mysuru||01|
|3||Kemwell Biopharma, Bengaluru||02|
|4||Molecular Connections, Bengaluru||01|
|5||Prime hospital, Kushalnagar||01|
|6||Remidex Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Limited,Bengaluru||01|
|7||Richcore life sciences, Bengaluru||01|
|9||SNS School, Hunsur||01|
|10||Tyrocare Technology, Mumbai||01|
|11||Wipro Technology, Mysuru||01|
|Sl. No||Name of the University/Institutuion|
|1||Bangalore university, Bangalore||01|
|2||Christ College, Bengaluru||01|
|3||Davangere University, Davangere||02|
|4||DRDO DFRL, Mysore||01|
|6||Jain University, Bengaluru||01|
|7||JSS College, Ooty Road , Mysuru||21|
|8||JSS University, Mysuru||15|
|9||Kuvempu University, Shivamoga||01|
|10||Mahajana’s College, Mysuru||02|
|11||Maharani’s College, Mysuru||02|
|12||Manasagangothri, UOM, Mysuru||16|
|13||Mangalore University, Mangaluru||02|
|14||Teresian College, Mysuru||01|
Dr. M. S. MANJUNATH
Assistant prof and HOD
Phone No: +91-9449080661