PG DIPLOMA IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Course Duration: 1Year- Two Semesters.
Intake: 30 Students
Eligibility: Bachelor degree in any recognized university with minimum 45% (40% for SC and ST & Category 1 candidates).
Medium of Instruction: English
Scheme of Examination: Each paper Theory examination- 70 marks
Internal Assessment – 30 marks
(Seminar / Group Discussion-10 marks, Test-10marks, Viva with external examiner-10 marks)
Project reports carries 100 marks and it is compulsory for all students
For all other matters the Autonomous college rules and rules of University of Mysore are applicable
- Course Title: The course shall be called “Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management”. The duration of the course shall be one year (Two Semesters).
- Eligibility for Admission: Any graduate or post graduate in arts, science, commerce, business management, from any recognized university with minimum of 45%( 40% for SC and ST category). Selection of the candidates to the course shall be done as per rules of Autonomous college, JSS College Ooty Road Mysore and University of Mysore.
- Course Content: The course comprises of : Subject of study prescribed.
Pedagogy: Lectures, Case Study, Group Discussions, Quizzes,
- Attendance and Conduct: Minimum attendance of 75% of actual working period is required in each paper. The HOD of the Department of Commerce & Management shall certify each student’s attendance and conduct.
- Instructions: Three hours of lecture per week per paper.
- Examination and Declaration of Results: Each paper is divided into internal assessment of 30 marks and term end written examination of 70 marks. Internal assessment marks shall be awarded on the basis of continuous evaluation that includes: test, quizzes, seminars, case study, group discussions and attendance.
There shall be a written examination of three house duration for each paper at the end of each semester. The declaration of results shall be made as follows:
- Minimum for a pass is 40%of the marks in each examination paper and 50% of the marks in the aggregate.
- Carryover is permitted as per autonomous College Rules.
- Declaration of class shall be done after the second semester examination on the basis of aggregate marks. The declaration shall be made as follows:
- First Class: - 60% and above in the aggregate
- Second Class: - 50% and above in the aggregate
- Distinction – Above 70%.
Declaration of results in the case of repeaters shall be done according to general rules of the Autonomous College.
SYLLABUS AND SCHEME
|I I Semester|
|Subjects||No. of Hrs
|1.1 I Human Resource Management||03|
|1.2 II Organizational Behavior||03|
|1.3 III Management concepts and theory||03|
|1.4 IV Executive Communication||03|
|1.5 V Industrial Relation||03|
|II II Semester|
|2.1 VI Human Resource Development||03|
|2.2 VII Compensation Management||03|
|2.3 VIII Labour Laws||03|
|2.4 IX Organizational Development and
|2.5 X Project Management / Report||03|